The Brain and Emotional Intelligence: New Insights
Daniel Goleman's new book is available now!
Or click on the links below for the ebook:
-from Amazon (for kindle)
-from Amazon UK (for kindle)
Enhanced eBook from iBookstore
(includes 60 min. of exclusive audio clips)
-from B&N (for nook)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk orders of the print edition.
Over the last decade and a half there has been a steady stream of new insights that further illuminate the dynamics of emotional intelligence. In this book, Daniel Goleman explains what we now know about the brain basis of emotional intelligence, in clear and simple terms.
This book will deepen your understanding of emotional intelligence and enhance your ability for its application. You will learn the most recent brain findings that explain:
• The Big Question being asked, particularly in academic circles: “Is there such an entity as ‘emotional intelligence’ that differs from IQ?”
• The brain’s ethical radar
• The neural dynamics of creativity
• The brain circuitry for drive, persistence, and motivation
• The brain states underlying optimal performance, and how to enhance them
• The social brain: rapport, resonance, and interpersonal chemistry
• Brain 2.0: our brain on the web
• The varieties of empathy and key gender differences
• The dark side: sociopathy at work
• Neural lessons for coaching and enhancing emotional intelligence abilities